Hi, I’m Marje, otherwise known as MJ.
Who am I? Which sister am I? I have never had a sister, sigh, but now I have Colleen, Debby, Adele Marie, Wendy, Belinda, Tina, and Annette. Isn’t that wonderful? We are the seven-plus sisters, eat your heart out the seven dwarfs! I wonder who is Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey, Doc and Snow White?
I’ve always had a fascination with the alternative, a curiosity about the paranormal, an interest in the zodiac and the like. For a time I worked as an alternative therapist specialising in Aromatherapy and Reflexology. I even did a short course in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT.) It fascinated me, but in truth, I didn’t have a lot of clients. I hadn’t discovered the power of blogging or social media yet. Perhaps, if I had it might have been a different story.
During my time as a therapist, I became quite intuitive and I developed an interest in crystals, auras, and chakras. My first crystal purchase was a malachite.
I believe the malachite marked the beginning of my transformation!
In this blog, I hope to explore crystals and their properties, the paranormal, and perhaps drop in a few zodiac posts too (I have a particular interest in the Chinese zodiac.) I’ve partially written an MG story set in Edinburgh about a girl and a dragon at Chinese New Year, which I hope to publish in the future.
I would also like to focus on protective stones as I believe there is an unexplained presence in our house. There have been some very strange happenings that the female members of our household have noticed. My husband seems to be oblivious!
- A disturbing strange vision we saw in the garden.
- A force (a powerful air draft) pressing against the front door when I leave or enter the house. This is even apparent on a still day with no wind.
- When I am alone in the house I tend to hear loud noises such as doors slamming, or objects falling which can be very creepy. My daughters and other visitors to our house have noticed this too.
- My daughter saw a strange ghostly image crouching on the stairs leading to the attic and heard whisperings.
- There have been unexplained fingerprints on the windows and more disturbing, two bird wingspan marks an equal distance from each other on the back patio doors. I took this photo of one of the sides. Ok, I added some Instagram effects to show you how it made me feel….
The other day at work I noticed this black shadowed bird-like apparition on a tree… which a friend of mine said is a BOOBRIE – ‘a shape-shifting bird from the mythology and folklore of the Scottish Highlands’. I’m not sure if this is the case as I work far away from the Scottish Highlands and there are no lochs nearby, but…
Read more about the Boobrie here: https://intothewonder.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/the-boobrie/
All of these events have happened since a strange black cat appeared in our garden. He became my cat character Shadow in my book….
Image courtesy of my good friend, cat and crystal lover, Samantha and her son Alex Marlowe: https://samanthamurdochblog.wordpress.com
It’s not surprising that I wrote about a curse….
The Curse of Time….